Judges for the Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards 2022, now in its 25th year, have rewarded LPPI’s in-house global equities team by listing the business as a finalist in this year’s Equity Manager of the Year category.
LPPI is shortlisted for the Equity Manager of the Year category, alongside some of the world’s largest asset management houses, and the first LGPS investment pool to be shortlisted for this category.
Our award submission focussed on three important themes:
Innovation through our responsible investment behaviours and practices
- Building resources and increasing internal capacity
- A focus on systematic integration of ESG and developing practical tools
- Broadening our RI ecosystem by creating and supporting peer collaborations, and proactively engaging with institutional investor groups and international bodies to participate in activities which are beneficial to our clients and their scheme members.
Improving performance through our internally-managed equity portfolio
- Our global equities portfolio and small to mid cap equity portfolio have both outperformed their benchmarks and contribute substantively to better performance for our client funds.
- Read more
Serving our pension fund clients better with value for money results
- Since inception in 2016, we have made overall total savings to £74m (to 31 March 2021, the latest DLUHC reporting period). This puts LPPI on track to deliver around £468m of cost savings by 2035.
- Internal management is a key element involved in achieving these costs savings, alongside access to more cost-effective assets in private markets and increasing buying power to negotiate fund manager discounts.
- Read more
Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony to take place on 30 June 2022 at the Hilton Park Lane in London.
Our sister company, Local Pensions Partnership Administration, has been shortlisted for the Pensions Communication Initiative of the Year category for their Life is for Living retirement campaign. Read more